Sunday, October 19, 2008

The first time in US...

It was yesterday when I was eating dinner with my roommate. Yesterday was my roommate's birthday, so I treated him to dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant.

Our dinner was so nice. We were enjoying delicious pho (Vietnamese rice noodle) and raw spring rolls, talking each other about recent days, next year's plan, vision for the future, etc. But during drinking coffee after dinner, I found I had a headache!

I have heavy headache not so often. Actually, I sometimes feel tired but most of them are easily controlled by coffee or, at most, energy drinks, like "リポD" or "リゲイン." But last night's was not such kind of headache.

After dinner, I went back home directly, turned on the heater, found my headache cures exhausted (What!!? I took them only once!! Who took them!!?), and so I went to bed without any other option... It was approximately 9:00pm.

About midnight, I was woken up by my worsened headache, ran into the bathroom, and threw up what I ate in that nice Vietnamese restaurant!! (I'm so sorry if you are eating something, especially if it is Vietnamese...) But don't worry, as some of you know well, I'm very used to that "operation" because I do that almost every time I drink alcohol...

Anyway, I went back to my bed, and tried to sleep. Before I got asleep, in a haze, my brain was spontaneously thinking something. What was thankful for small mercies was that those thinking was in English! Of course, they were not so logical, but still I was glad to find myself dreaming in English, although you may regard such a situation as ridiculous. hahaha....

After 11-hour sleep, I woke up 2 hours ago without any headache. Although I have to keep on taking care of myself for a while, I basically got fine again. I didn't know the reason, maybe cold (but I didn't have any fever), maybe food (but my roommate was not ill), or might be English, because I was so exhausted to listen to English last week...

Anyway, it was the story I got ill for the first time in U.S. Today, let's go to buy some medicines and ,of course, keep them in my bed room not in our public space. hahaha...
my home, Syracuse, Oct 19, 10:11

No comments: