Tuesday, May 4, 2010

playing on others' grounds

After a long study on renewable energy, I finally got to the cost allocation issue about public infrastructures, which is somehow similar to the one concerning telecommunication industry's universal service.
  
Apparently, I'm in a place where I never expected to be, when I was started this research last December. Before recognizing it as the core of my answer, so long time already had passed; and not so much time was left, when I noticed it. But, if I knew this before I started my research, I'm not sure whether I still picked up this topic as my Independent Study's, because I'm not a guy highly concerned with infrastructure cost allocation issue. Simply saying, my area of concern is environment.

I think such phenomena should be common not only in the academic research field, but in the practical world. Even though quested value is environment, required policy tools to achieve it do not necessarily fall within the environmental policy field. Besides, such tendency has to grow as the environmental policy challenges are becoming increasingly complex.

Knowing this fact, I'm asking now what should I study? how should I collaborate with others? and in short, what should I do after coming back to my place? I have no clear answer.
Maxwell School, Syracuse, May 4, 22:06

No comments: